Double twisted gabion is widely used as a drapery system to prevent rockfall and debris from falling onto roads, railways or where there is a possibility of loss of property or life. Due to the characteristics of the double twist, gabion products can withstand the force of the falling rocks without unravelling in the event of wire breakage. The gabion is anchored at the top of the slope with a trench at the bottom to collect the debris. Encapsulating vegetative soil pockets under the drapery system permits the establishment of vegetation if conditions permit.
Double twisted gabion is available galvanized or galvanized with PVC coated. For custom orders only, the PVC may be available in different colors, such as gray, black, brown and so on.
Advantages of Double Twisted Gabion
* Monolithic and flexible structures
* Tolerates differential settlement
* Uniform wire coating for extra durability
* Permeable structures
* Pre-assembled units for fast installation and higher quality product
* No specialized labor required for installation
* Soil Bioengineering